Senior Photonics Engineer
Job description: BRIGHT Photonics is seeking for a talented and motivated senior photonics engineer to work on our commercial and R&D projects in the application areas such as telecommunication, datacommunication, sensing, microwave photonics, and biophotonics. You will be designing a variety of photonic components and devices on different technology platforms, such as, Si, InP, SiN, PLC. You will have opportunities to characterize fabricated components and circuits. You will directly engage with customers on PIC design support, defining device specification, preparing concept studies. Part of the job will be related to improving design flow, participating in development of in-house design tools, and development of compact models. You will have possibilities to engage in projects definition and project management.
Job type: Full Time / Part Time
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Travel: Up to 20%
- Design of active and/or passive photonic components and devices.
- Design, simulation and layout work on photonic components and photonic integrated circuits
- Develop new design approaches, improve design flow.
- Interact with technology providers and customers on device design.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering/ physics/ applied physics/ optics/ photonics/ or similar quantitative fields.
- Good understanding of general concepts in physics, especially in optics and electro-magnetism.
- Strong understanding of concepts in fiber communication, fiber optics, and integrated photonics.
- Experience with designing, modeling, layout and characterizing photonic integrated circuits or other opto-electronic devices.
- Experience in using computational methods to design photonic components, (e.g. in EM simulations, BPM, FDTD).
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and writing.
- Solid programming skills in Python or C/C++.
- Independent, strong initiative, self-motivated, accurate and precise working attitude, ability to work under pressure with defined deadlines.
- Experience with high-frequency design and modeling.
- Experience in working with industry.
- Experience with epitaxial growth and epi design.
- Experience with data analysis and data management.
- Solid computer skills using various operating systems.
What do we offer?
- Work on state-of-the-art topics in photonics technology and photonic-based device development.
- Challenging problems requiring out-of-the box thinking.
- Work in an exciting, international environment.
- Work alongside other experienced photonic designers.
- Develop your own skills and contribute to company growth.
- A competitive salary and flexible working hours.
Applications (CV+Motivation letter+Reference Contact) should be sent to email@example.com.